Sunday 9 February 2020

A few highlights...

...from the last week.
I`ve got a bit behind due to not feeling well (mentally) but it didnae stop me going out. Anyway, here`s some of my best sightings from the week just gone.
A brief walk along the River Kelvin on Tuesday produced 2 Dipper & "flowering" Spring Snowflake
I`m not going to say where i went Thursday (but it was local) due to the sensitivity of the sighting, which was a first observation for me in the form of a pair of Ravens nest building.
Friday we took the train out to the North Ayrshire coast but that`ll be a separate post, later.
Which leads me onto yesterday (Saturday) when i finally got to grips with my first Waxwings of the Winter. 2 birds were heard & seen briefly along the canal at the back of the Student village.


Raven (collecting branches for nest building)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel a bit better Dean. I love the snowflakes and well done on the Waxwings - none around here as far as I know this winter. I saw some ravens nesting too last year and am pretty sure I decided not to mention the location too on my blog. You can't be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Caroline for your kind words. I'm feeling much better now but that might change due to the weather this week. Been stuck indoors for 2 days due the gale force winds, rain & snow and i've already got cabin fever lol.
    There's been flocks of 200+ Waxwings up here but most have moved off due lack of berries now.
    The Ravens i mentioned have used the same nest site for 10 years now and tbe location is on a need to know only basis...and with this being a public blog it's not worth the risk of publicising it.

    Thanks again for your continued support :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear that you are not fully well again Dean, it is a miserable affliction and I hope it clears for you.

    Very understandable that you are keeping the location of the Ravens to yourself, they are gorgeous to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words Toffeeapple. I don't think it will ever go away. I'll just have to deal with it as best i can.

    Regards the Ravens nest site, the welfare of the birds is upmost and not even mentioned on the Clydebirds FB page.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday 14th June

Overcast. Sunny from late afternoon. 13/21/17c. E/NE2-4 Took a wee wander around the Southern end of Ruchill Park. 2 firsts of the year...