Friday 29 May 2020

Thursday 28th May

Sunny. 8/23/19c. SW2

RIVER KELVIN (Garrioch Rd > Inn Deep)
Cannae complain about this morning`s route to get a wee bit of shopping at Iceland.
Goosander 1
Stock Dove 8+
Dipper 1
Also managed to point the camera at a few subjects.
Gave my new Moth trap it`s first run out in the back court, last night. I`ve got to say I wasn`t impressed with the results but I think that`s down to the lack of Moths and not the trap`s ability. I only managed 2 species, with singles of White-shouldered House-moth & Flame Carpet


Dipper

Small Tortoiseshell larvae

7-spot Ladybird larva

Elder

Bistort

Dame`s Violet Pink form

Hawksbeard sp


4 comments:

  1. Glorious weather for walking just now! I wonder if there are bats under that bridge? Perfect habitat for them. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Peggy. There's loads of Bats around the river. We went on a Bat & Moth night two year ago (last years was cancelled due to the weather)
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous set of photos Dean. I am sure the moths will eventually appear Dean and I do hope so! I've put mine out twice recently and the first time got nothing or at most one! and last time just 6 Heart and Darts and a LBAM. May put it out tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline. I hope so, it was another poor catch last night (Poplar Hawkmoth & a couple of Caddis Flies). Better luck if you do put it out, i'm giving it a miss tonight.

      Delete

Sunday 14th June

Overcast. Sunny from late afternoon. 13/21/17c. E/NE2-4 Took a wee wander around the Southern end of Ruchill Park. 2 firsts of the year...